If you are looking to hear from an inspiring woman, look no further than Ella Podmore, Materials Engineer at McLaren Automotive and 2020 Young Woman Engineer of the Year. When her favourite car manufacturer didn’t offer the job she wanted, Ella politely wrote them a letter convincing them that they should. That letter led to an interview, which led to McLaren starting up a brand-new materials division and offering Ella the chance to run it.
In this episode, Ella and I discuss:
• How she convinced McLaren to create a department for her to run.
• Why Ella didn’t wait to find her role model.
• What a typical day at McLaren looks like.
• How and why you should invest in yourself first.
• How Ella has mastered being the only woman in the room.
You can watch the full episode on my new YouTube channel here:
You can listen to the audio via The Boss in Heels Podcast on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Amazon Music, or simply by clicking the link below:
You can learn more about Ella and what she is up to here:
LinkedIn: Ella Podmore